Notebook dump incoming. Preparing data stream…
- Ron sent me this great video about how words can make a considerable difference depending on what exactly is said.
- There’s an adorable letter from a cool, nerdy uncle to his niece introducing her to the internet.
- A tipp on lifehacker mentions that you can click and scroll to change the volume while over the volume tray icon in Windows. Well, that’s the same for OS X. But I really miss the behaviors of GNOME in that line, because you just need to hover over the icon instead of clicking and scrolling.
- While playing Assassin’s Creed: Revelations there were a few occasions where I wasn’t quite sure why the game didn’t do what I wanted it to do. For some hints about bomb crafting this thread at GameFAQs was quite helpful.
- Pre-Purchase now: Yesterday must be one of the best headlines I’ve heard in a while. It’s from Steam’s feed.
- In another cash grab Capcom already shipped “additional content” on the disk and only sold codes to unlock the content separately. How nice of them. /sarc
- I might be visiting the Zero Waste Fest!2012 in May.
Recently I’ve read James Swallow’s Deus Ex: Icarus Effect and Nate Kenyon’s StarCraft Ghost: Spectres. Both were excellent sci-fi themed books that fit nicely to the images the video games they belong to painted. Unfortunately I was lazy enough not to read the description of the Deus Ex book before buying which led to me wondering where Adam (the most recent game’s protagonist) was. Well, the book isn’t about Adam. It’s more or less set around the events of the game. Meaning, some of it takes place before the game and some during the game as far as I understood it from not having played the game yet.
In other news the situation at our university is in total disarray right now but I’ll probably rant about that in a separate post where I need to give vent to my anger.
Update: It seems I had a little problem with the links earlier. Sorry about that.