Media Recap: April 2014
Posted on Wed 30 April 2014 • Tagged with Media Recap
Summary: 5 games, 2 novels, 1 movie, 11 videos, 1 podcast.
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - Finished again; no point in trying 100% completion again after having it synced to AC Initiates before though. Saved me a lot of nerves.
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood: The Da Vinci Disappearance - It was nice to play some content I’ve not seen before when replaying the series with my girlfriend to show her the full story of Assassin’s Creed. The Da Vinci Disappearance was refreshing and exciting. It even surpassed my expectations, having read the story before. The presentation is superb and includes elements which made for an enjoyable change of pace from the main game.
- FTL: Faster Than Light - Impulse buy after having watched its overview video. Fun, but very hard. I’m playing on Easy with Advanced Content On but wasn’t able to finish it once yet. Incidentally I made an acquaintance last week who also happened to play it on the iPad and has not yet managed to finish it either.
- Secret Files: Tunguska - Love the series. Tunguska is our current Companion Gaming title.
- Pokémon Y - Picked up Pokémon for a day to swap pokémon with a relative over the holidays.
- Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep - A fitting end to a wonderful series. Delighting, amusing and extremely satisfying. Will look into the author’s other series. I have also downloaded another in-between story that’s currently only available in German on iTunes for free.
- No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty - a book about hints and helpful procedures for aspiring novelists which intend to take on the challenge of NaNoWriMo. I’m not yet sold on the concept of writing extensively for only one month, but on the other hand I do indeed have the tendency to keep a lot of projects just lingering around when I should be dedicating them enough time and motivation to finish them. The book was recommended to me by Stefan.
I’m not yet finished with the book as of the time of this writing.
Videos and movies
I watched Madagascar in German. Didn’t like it. I liked last holiday’s Puss in Boots a lot better.
- Escape Goat 2
- Goat Simulator
- FTL Advanced Edition
- Tabletop simulator
- NES Remix 2
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4
- Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming
- Strike Suite Zero: Director’s Cut
- Fract OSC
- Directional 6 - Paper Manuals
Listened to an episode of Directional because I read a lot of the articles @viticci writes, but wasn’t particularly entertained.