Summary: 15 podcasts, 1 let’s play, 4 novels, 2 videos, 1 album, 5 games and many articles saved to Pocket while commuting.
Commuting gave me many opportunities to catch up with stuff I had long
postponed. I’ve listened to the non-music related podcasts on the train while
I used my big headphones in the office combined with the Secret Archives of the
Vatican podcast to drown the construction site noises when working. Focussing
on one’s task is quite hard when there’s the sound of a drill coming into your
office from two different directions.
I highly recommend listening to the 44th episode of the Talk Show with John Gruber which is incredibly funny and worth every minute of listening time.
- Accidental Tech Podcast 16 - John, We Don't Play Games
- Accidental Tech Podcast 18 - Can't Innovate Anymore
- Accidental Tech Podcast 19 - Aluminum-Colored Aluminum
- Accidental Tech Podcast 20 - Designed by App in Cal
- The Talk Show with John Gruber 44 - Code 47: Live From WWDC 2013
- 5by5 Special 1 - Let's talk iPhone
- Mac Power Users 61 - Workflows with Michael Lopp
- IRQ Conflict 47 - We Found Justin!
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 100 - Why Do We Fight?
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 104 - Winter Journey
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 105 - Encyclopedia Orientika
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 106 - Strange New World
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 107 - Long Ago and Far Away
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 109 - Forbidden City
- Secret Archives of the Vatican 110 - The Elder Scrolls
- Zelda: Majora's Mask
Majora's Mask is a great game. In fact I believe it's one of only two video games in which I've ever put the effort to obtain everything and achieve 100% completion. Watching the LP and reliving some memories felt good, even though the LPs by Ambisagrus and A Wooden Palisade are certainly not for suited for everyone's taste. They hardly talk about the game they're playing but make a lot of funny references, compare the game to other video games and are definitely NSFW.
- Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep
Spartan Frost is an interesting short deviation from Estep's norm; written from the perspective of the male lead instead of the female heroine. Short, concise and perfectly fitting into Estep's little world.
- Mr. K by J. A. Konrath (German)
Amazon Promotion. A slow, not terribly interesting thriller around mafiosi and cruel killings of prostitutes. - MISS
- Pandämonium by Alexander Odin (German)
Amazon Promotion. A raw, gruesome, terribly brutal book. Written by an author whose usual target audience are teenagers, which makes me worry a little bit. - MISS
- Die Tote am Watt by Gisa Pauly (German, unfinished)
Amazon Promotion. Detective story with the detective being the Italian mother-in-law. Exhausting, not my kind of story. - MISS
I’ve found some really old episodes of The Untouchables of Elliot Mouse and watched those. I have fond memories of watching that series when I was a lot younger and am now wondering whether it is common to consider the TV series of one’s youth vastly superior to the ones that are airing after one has grown up.
- Mouse 5 (German)
- Mouse 6 (German)
- Mass Effectively by Shiryu
There was a post on Kotaku talking about music tributes to Mass Effect, mainly created by its fans. I downloaded several pieces back then but Shiryu's album really stuck with me. I especially like N7 initiative because I think it really captures the atmosphere and sincerity of the third game.
- Mass Effect 3
Companion Gaming with my girlfriend, we're almost done by the time of this writing. We're back on Earth, heading towards the final conflict. And I'm really looking forward to playing another game now.
- Halo 3: ODST
Played ODST with Ron when he was in Austria.
- Soul Calibur IV
Played Soul Calibur with Ron when he was in Austria. We talked a bit about the differences between the newer versions and the Gamecube version he has played.
- A Dark Room
I had to try this little HTML5 and CSS supported browserbased game but lost interest when things started to slow down and exploring got tedious.
- Trapped - The White Rabbit
Incidentally I remembered the beautiful and intelligent Trapped Flash game series and showed it to my girlfriend.