Reading recommendations (2018-05-18)
Posted on Fri 18 May 2018 • Tagged with Reading recommendations
Recently I’ve spent a lot of time playing Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom and some Tomb Raider, in addition to one of my classics, Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2. I’ve also taken some time to revisit Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift, my favorite title for the DS.
I’ve also discovered Crunchyroll which is an awesome service which lets you stream licensed anime for free, legally. I’ll happily disable my adblocker for that service — though I do find it curious that the ads I get are so strange. Sometimes they don’t load at all. Sometimes I get the same clip six times in a row. So far I’ve checked out Black Clover, Darling in the FRANXX, Restaurant to Another World and Interviews with Monster Girls. Sadly, some series are not available in my region.
- http://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/eu-kommission-klage-deutschland-1.3983793 (German)
- https://blog.innerht.ml/google-yolo/F (Please don’t click anything on this site… including the cookie notice.)
- https://blogs.dropbox.com/tech/2018/04/4696/ “MacOS monitoring the open source way”
- https://marco.org/2018/04/27/overcast42 (Overcast reworked to work anonymously by default, option to migrate from existing account)
- https://panic.com/blog/mystery-of-the-slow-downloads/ (Panic working with ISPs to debug slowness)
- https://techniktagebuch.tumblr.com/post/173931527347/14-mai-2018 (German, Komfortcheckin bei der Deutschen Bahn)
- https://www.trueachievements.com/n23642/downloadable-discontent (An older, but very interesting discussion about DLC for games)
- https://www.trustwave.com/Resources/SpiderLabs-Blog/CVE-2018-1000136—Electron-nodeIntegration-Bypass/ (Electron has security issues, again)